Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Old Games Making A Comeback?

I've been noticing that kids in the neighborhood and a school close to the school I teach at are playing the same games I played when I was a kid.
The kids in the neighborhood are playing 4-Square and Hop Scotch and the kids at the school, which has grades 6 through 12 play tetherball.  These 3 games are games I played when I was growing up.  The kids still play football, basketball, swimming and baseball.
And this all good because some of us parents in the neighborhood are kicking our kids out of the house to play outside instead of the kids watching TV or playing games on the computer.
So, it is nice to see the old fashion games are making a comeback and kids are playing outside in our beautiful weather we have had recently, because in 3 months, our temps will be in the 100's for the highs.

No comments:

Post a Comment