Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thug Leaves Congress: Jesse Jackson Jr. Resigns

From the Chicago Tribune:
Rep. Jesse Jackson resigned from Congress Wednesday, saying in a letter that he is cooperating with a federal investigation "into my activities" but blaming his health problems for his decision to step down just two weeks after his re-election.
Jackson's letter to House Speaker John Boehner was his first acknowledgment of the ongoing corruption probe into his alleged misuse of campaign dollars.
"I am doing my best to address the situation responsibly, cooperate with the investigators, and accept responsibility for my mistakes, for they are my mistakes and mine alone," Jackson said in the two-page letter dated Nov. 21. "None of us is immune from our share of shortcomings or human frailties and I pray that I will be remembered for what I did right."
Despite his admission of "my share of mistakes," Jackson said his deteriorating health was the reason he was quitting. He has been on medical leave since June while receiving treatment for bipolar depression.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-brother-rep-jackson-to-announce-resignation-20121121,0,3302727.story
Of course, Jackson Jr. resigns on one of the slowest news day of the year so not many people will find out about it.
But knowing that this House District is in a very solid Democrat district, without a doubt the voters of the district will just send another crooked and thug politician to replace Jackson Jr.
But at least there is one less thug in Congress today.  About 300 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment