Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted

Today, I put in my 1 vote out of about 1 million to be cast in Nevada and hope it makes a difference somehow.
I voted in Henderson, at the fire station on Amador Ave. and Horizon Ridge.  I was in and out in about 5 minutes.  The place was professionally run and encountered no problems.
I also observed some voting at the school I teach at, which is in a poor area of the City of Las Vegas.  I didn't see many problems there.  The Obama campaign flooded the school with campaign signs but by 10:00, they were all knocked down- not sure by who.
They also had a cute little girl, about 6 years old, dressed up as an ambassador of voting, thanking people for voting.  There was also no lines at this voting place.
So, in a matter of a few hours, we will see the results of the hard work by both sides and our Democracy will continue for another 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment