Monday, September 29, 2014

And He's A Professional Athlete?

From ESPN: Detroit Lions tight end Joseph Fauria finally explained how he sprained his left ankle, and the story is almost too unbelievable to be true.
Fauria said he missed two steps while chasing after his 3-month-old Pomeranian/Husky mix, Lil' Rufio, at his apartment on Wednesday night. While bracing for a fall, he put his 265-pound frame on his left foot and sprained his ankle.
"He was about to pee and I was like, 'Come here you little ... nugget,'" Fauria said Monday at his locker with a boot on his left foot and crutches by his side. "And I was chasing him downstairs. I wasn't running but I was chasing him downstairs and I just misstepped and I reached with my left foot and I just didn't end up well."
For his part, Lil' Rufio, who has his own Instagram account, apparently later barked out to his ailing owner: "I dunno Dad, I just don't get why you get to potty inside and I don't."
Fauria soon followed up with another Instagram photo and message to his puppy, saying: "Can I get a massage in peace bro?"  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11614521/joseph-fauria-detroit-lions-says-injured-ankle-chasing-puppy
For some reason, professional athletes always seem to come up with the weirdest injuries.
And this is one of the strangest.

No comments:

Post a Comment