Monday, September 8, 2014

Long Day Tomorrow

Image result for picture of judge

Tomorrow will be a long day as I have to drive (swim) back into Las Vegas to attend a Family Court hearing.
It concerns my ex-wife, who left the kids and I 3 days before Christmas, many years ago.  Since then, she has abandoned and/or kicked the kids out of her home on at least a dozen occasions and hasn't seen my daughter for 1 1/2 years and my son for 6 months, and another 6 months before that.  we have had the kids for about 90% of the time since the divorce was finalized and she has never paid child support because we never asked for it.
Now. she says I can't move to Arizona because she doesn't want me to.  Umm ok.
So, I have to take a day off of work and go to Family Court.
Not to suck up, but our judge is Judge Bill Henderson of the Clark County Family court and he has been extremely fair in our case.  Even though I have represented myself all these years and the ex mostly has had attorney's, he has treated me fairly and I have won most of the time.
And speaking of judges, because I have had to be in courtrooms in Family Court many times over the years, I have come to respect the judges.
Judges will never make anyone happy all the time and most cases will have a winner and a loser and someone will be pissed.
But the judges have to put up with the BS of lawyers, many who are full of crap and say things only because they are paid.  They also have to put up with people who have no idea what the law and they have to try and decipher what that person says.  And then you have to put with people who lie to get out of trouble or support their case.
They don't get paid a whole lot considering how much attorneys get paid, but of course, they do have power, a lot of power who can support a person or totally destroy a person with their rulings.
So, tomorrow will be a long day but hopefully, a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment