Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Shocking: Part 1 Anderson Cooper Gay

I am just shocked at this new: Anderson Cooper is gay. 
From the New York Times: The television journalist Anderson Cooper, the biggest star on CNN, on Monday publicly identified himself as gay. He was concerned, he said, that his long-held silence on the matter had led some to believe that he was uncomfortable or ashamed of his sexuality.
Mr. Cooper came out in an e-mail message to Andrew Sullivan, the openly gay blogger for The Daily Beast, which was republished in full with his permission. The e-mail affirmed what had been an open secret, but had never been addressed publicly by Mr. Cooper.
“Even though my job puts me in the public eye, I have tried to maintain some level of privacy in my life,” Mr. Cooper wrote. In part, he wrote, that has been for professional reasons: “I have found that sometimes the less an interview subject knows about me, the better I can safely and effectively do my job as a journalist.”
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/02/anderson-cooper-says-the-fact-is-im-gay/?hp
Raise your hands if you are shocked Cooper is gay.  Now, raise your hands to see if you really care if care if Cooper is gay.
Yeah, not too many hands up.

No comments:

Post a Comment